Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Keep Yourself Warm

would you be offended if i told you that you are beautiful? you whispered in my ear and your hands clasped around my belly, pulling me closer, and my arms reached up to hold the back your neck so our cheeks could touch, and I cried soo hard the windows broke and icy air filled the room with something more than pain. red toes and cheeks and noses and i can't feel my legs what happened to silence and dreams of good and happy, now i just feel so used all the time. nausea every time of the day, i've made myself sick with worry and stress. i've regurgitated every piece of food i've tried to eat the past two days i wish i were a new born and i didn't care so much, but i dont know how else to live. i looked down and there were toenails scattered across everything and my feet bled the the blood of someone not real. fangs and fucked up girls hiding their naked skin under layers and layers of pills, alcohol, and weed,

you wanna kill it or you want me to?

you peeled away layers and layers of dust and grime and old habit like an old trade you'd learned once. i sleep where my feet were so i can let my head hang off the end and feel nothing hang from my scalp but old memories and the will to live. there's a warmness in my fingertips i did not warrant and a coldness in my toes that chills everything. if you smile again everything in the world will settle itself back into the right rhythm and maybe i can sleep again without fretting about the past.

No comments: